Inland Empire Pool League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game

3 posters

Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game

Post  Richardski Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Some people are not the good sports required in this situation so this needs to be included the rules

Richardski
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty waiting for late player to show

Post  Mayzak Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:24 pm

It is covered see Tardy Players page 9 which states: It would be sportsmanlike........ etc..
Mayzak
Mayzak
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty Late players etc.........

Post  Richardski Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Not good enough!!!!!!!!!!! Should not rely on "good sportsmanship" that some people do not have. They want the win! Let's clear this up with a rule change. When this occurred the person that received the forfeit could have probably gone 4-0 but the Captain insisted on the forfeit. The rules need to specify that a forfeit is not given until this persons next game that they are to play. Most people don't have a problem with this. So far I have experienced this once in all my years playing.

Richardski
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty Re: Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game

Post  Drew Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Richardski wrote:Not good enough!!!!!!!!!!! Should not rely on "good sportsmanship" that some people do not have. They want the win! Let's clear this up with a rule change. When this occurred the person that received the forfeit could have probably gone 4-0 but the Captain insisted on the forfeit. The rules need to specify that a forfeit is not given until this persons next game that they are to play. Most people don't have a problem with this. So far I have experienced this once in all my years playing.

There are 3 issues here: Forfeits, sportsmanship and tardiness.

Forfeits) Chairman, Dave Burnham has made it clear that part of the league mission is to avoid forfeits, in fairness to our sponsors and supported the rule for unlimited substitutes to further that end. Forfeits make us look bad to our sponsors and should be avoided whenever possible.

Sportsmanship) We DO rely on good sportsmanship. Good sportsmanship sets aside personal feelings in favor of competition. I don't have to like you in order to compete against you fairly and enjoy the battle. As Mayzak cited, the rules say it's okay (and more sportsmanlike) to let a late player shoot, but not mandated.

Tardiness) Pandora's box opens up here. We don't want to be so lax about tardiness that it becomes acceptable to the degree that more and more people become comfortable showing up late for matches and have it turn into a chronic problem. However, things do come up from time to time where it should be excused in the spirit of good sportsmanship. Good sportsmanship should ALWAYS prevail but the door is open to be hard ass about it. As a player, I would want to shoot the game against the late show and appeal to my captain to let me do so. Thursday night isn't about leaving my cue standing in the corner.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Drew
Drew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty Re: Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down