Inland Empire Pool League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game

4 posters

Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game

Post  Richardski Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Some teams will not wait. They insist on the forfeit because they need the sure win instead of taking a chance on a loss. This should be covered by the rules.

Richardski
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty Re: Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game

Post  jbackrak Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:36 pm

as far as i see it we start with 2 players at 730 the rest of the team has time to get there for there frist game. You can pull someone off the bar with the new rules but if you instesed on playing the late player and he's not there for his frist game its a forfit for that game. he can play his second game if he's there. Im not going to mess up my shooter lineup for late players and nether are my player. so if you want a rule change im not with you. you can allways put someone else in so you dont forfit.
jbackrak
jbackrak
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty Late players etc.........

Post  Richardski Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:14 pm

So much for sportsmanship. This is another example of exactly what I am talking about! We have been doing it the sportsmanlike way and it works most of the time, until you play the people that need the win so badly that they put it aside. No confidence in their players.? Or because of a little paperwork?

Richardski
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game Empty Re: Waiting for a late player to show until their next game before forfeiting first game

Post  Drew Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 pm

You CAN start the match with 2 players. At that point you can skip over in the lineup in the first round, giving late shows a little more time to arrive. If the opposing captain wants to push for a new lineup, he can, but it's not entirely necessary. If only 2 players remain, they're going to shoot 4 anyway.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Drew
Drew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jbackrak Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:32 am

I have sportsmanship and confindence in my players or else i would not be playing A-2 pool. But if a player is not there by the 4th game in first round he is just really late and loses out on that game. Besides he knows we have pool on thursday at 7-30 and if hes going to be that late other arrangements should be made. At the last captians meeting it was decided to let teams play as many player as you want so you can pull someone from the bar. This was done so we dont have forfits and because the bars sponser us. this week the team we played forfited 4 games to us. that sucks but they wouldnt ask for anyone to play for them. that's their loss because i knew some of the people there would play for them that night, but they refused. At our house there are times we dont start till 7-45 or later just so the other team can get one or two game in before we start if they show up right around 7-30 thats sportsmanship but im not going to let it become habbit for teams to get use to letting late players to replay games they miss
jbackrak
jbackrak
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsmitty17 Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm

just remember fellas what comes around goes around and emergencies happen to us all. Like some other guys said "sportsmanship goes a long way"

bigsmitty17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down